Jeff is a Partner at McLaughlinQuinn and leads the firm’s Business and Corporate Practice. He is a seasoned business lawyer specializing in all aspects of business and transactional law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, commercial real estate and business formations. Jeff is a trusted business advisor to business owners, entrepreneurs, management teams and individual investors.
His wide ranging business law expertise has led the Rhode Island Superior Court to appoint Jeff as Receiver and Special Master of a variety of distressed businesses. Jeff has also served as a court appointed mediator and arbitrator in shareholder litigation and other commercial disputes.
Jeff was honored by his peers and judges with the AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating based on both legal ability and ethics.
Prior to joining McLaughlinQuinn, Jeff spent ten years as a named partner in a Providence boutique business law firm.
- Represented North American distribution company in $50MM sale to private equity firm
- Represented technology company in $7MM million acquisition of out-of-state competitor
- Represented start-up technology company in $2.5MM of Seed and Series A financings
- Represented founding equity holders in $12MM partial equity sale to private equity firm
- Represented buyer of business assets from secured lender in a UCC Article 9 secured party sale
- Represented real estate investors in acquisition of $3.5MM self-storage facility and related bank financing
- Represented multi-generation family owned business with implementation of business succession and estate planning
- Successfully operated a Newport, RI hotel as Court appointed Receiver and conducted successful sale as a result of a competitive bidding process
- Rhode Island
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Boston College, B.A.
Professional Recognitions and Affiliations:
- Highest AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell (based on both legal ability and ethics)
- Selected as Rhode Island Super Lawyers, Business and Corporate law
- Rhode Island Bar Association (Business Organizations Committee; Debtors & Creditors Committee)
- American Bar Association (Section of Business Law)
Seminars And Publications:
- Author of “A Practical Guide to Organizing a Business in Rhode Island: Organizing Other Business Entities”, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Rhode Island Association of Public Accountants, Business Law for CPAs
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Annual Meeting, Providence, RI, Closing the Deal - How to Successfully Close a Business Transaction
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Annual Meeting, Providence, RI, Practicing Under the New Rhode Island Business Corporations Act
- Letters of Intent in Business Transactions (multiple presentations)
- CPE Associates, Providence RI, Tax Issues in M&A Transactions
- SCORE'S Annual Federal and State Tax Update, Warwick, RI and Providence, RI
- Member, Town Council, East Greenwich, Rhode Island, 2010-2014; (Council Vice President 2012-2014)
- Town Moderator, East Greenwich, Rhode Island, 2005-2010
- East Greenwich Education Foundation (Co-Founder; Ex-Officio Board Member)
- Community Preparatory School (Providence) (Board of Trustees)
- East Greenwich Basketball Association (Board of Directors)