(401) 421-5115 ext. 230
Marcus Howell is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Business and Corporate Practice Group. Marcus concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate and business law, with a focus on mergers/acquisitions, commercial transactions, software licensing and technology start-ups. He previously worked for seven years as an associate at a boutique business law firm in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Managed Boston-based software company’s licensing agreements with national broadcasting companies and advertisers
- Negotiated contracts with multi-national corporations and foreign governments on behalf of local design firm
- Represented medical device manufacturer in multiple-round $4.5 MM private equity seed fundraising
- Represented family-owned business in $2.5 MM sale to private equity firm
- Represented investment company in $1.6 MM purchase of natural products business
- Advises entrepreneurs and family-held businesses on a daily basis with respect to governance, succession and various commercial transactions
- Rhode Island
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Carnegie Mellon University, B.F.A.
Professional Recognitions and Affiliations:
- Rhode Island Bar Association (Business Organizations Committee)
Seminars and Publications:
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., “A Practical Guide to Organizing a Business in Rhode Island: Organizing Other Business Entities”
- The Children’s Workshop Foundation (Board of Directors)
- Providence Children’s Museum (Annual Giving Committee)
- Old Country Road School PTA (Playground Committee)